All RAs and TI staff are invited to contribute to The RA Notebooks as guest bloggers. In recognition of their contribution, they will receive an official letter from the Program Coordinator to include in their teaching/professional portfolios and curriculum vitae. Any topic to do with student teaching, workplace, and academic development is encouraged! Ideas could include:
- A new development in educational technology
- A discussion in educational development
- A new trend in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- A book or blog review
- An innovative administrative process or favourite productivity tool
- An overview of teaching, workplace, or academic development in their field or discipline
- A reflection on their experiences in a related activity, e.g., Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW), UCalgary Badges Program, or the University of Calgary Post-secondary Teaching and Learning Conference
Guest blogs must use American Psychological Association (APA) style, and complement the professional and academic caliber of the Program.
To become a guest blogger, please submit a 100-150 word proposal of your post (not including a bibliography) to the Program Coordinator, Rachel Braun, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend blog posts keep between 2-5 paragraphs (approx. 500-1000 words) long. If you would like to organize your content into a series, please include this information in your proposal.